Frequently Asked Questions
Candle Care Tips
Your candle will burn best and have a long life if you...
- Burn for at least three hours on first use. For filled candles, burn until the entire top surface has turned to liquid.
- Trim wick to 1/8” before each lighting. Your candle will burn more cleanly and evenly with a properly trimmed wick.
- Burn for no more than 3-4 hours at a time.
- Don’t burn your candle all the way to the bottom of candle holder; never burn a candle in a cracked or chipped candle holder or glass.
- Keep wax pool free from wick trimmings and other debris.
- Burn your candle away from drafts, open air vents or ceiling fans.
- Store your candle in a cool, dry place and away from direct sunlight.
- Remove dust with a soft, dry cloth.
And remember, always:
- Burn your candle on a stable, heat resistant surface and away from flammable items.
- Never leave your burning candle alone—especially with your children and pets.
A Note about our Scented Candles
Illuminations Signature Scented Candles:
- With the growing customer interest in natural candle wax blends, we chose to create our Signature Scented Candle collection with an all-natural coconut and apricot wax blend. These candles are made with Illuminations original scent blends, along with a few new or enhanced scents—and all the candles are carefully formulated for optimal scent dispersion. Natural wax candle blends of this type will liquefy when burned and will amply scent 1-2 rooms rather than an entire home.
Illuminations 6 oz. Jar Candles:
- This collection is made with a paraffin wax blend and original Illuminations scent blends. This type of wax blend will most closely replicate the candle burn characteristics and scent throw of the original Illuminations filled jar candle experience. This type of wax blend also provides the best clean burn for colored wax candles.
Other scented candle brands:
- As we rebuild the Illuminations brand and online shop, we have chosen to include other candle brands on our site that meet our standards for aesthetics and high quality. Some scented candle lines will offer a highly scented burn experience similar to our Illuminations candles, while other lines were selected for those who prefer a more lightly scented environment. We note in the scent description if a candle is a lighter scent type.
Original Illuminations Products
Should you have questions about or issues with any original Illuminations product purchased from Illuminations retail stores, catalog, website, or from another retailer, between 1997 and 2009, please contact Yankee Candle at 1-877-803-6890 or via their online contact form at yankeecandle.com/customerservice.
Email us at email@example.com and we will be delighted to help you.